Any sort of 'inspirational' quote posted to Facebook, especially ones that are thinly veiled messages to their S.O or family. Shit like:"I never knew I was strong until I had to forgive someone who wasn't sorry and accept an apology I never received""never ignore a person who loves and cares for you and misses you because one day you might wake up and realize you lost the moon while counting the stars"
Ah but here is the trick...they not only don't say amway, they aren't allowed to. They invite you to something else, let's say Dream Builders. And at a Dream Builders meeting it will eventually come up that Amway is a supplier to them. They say things like "it's new to Canada and only just started in the west". But they are back to speaking of Dream Builders not Amway so you think hey...ground floor!
I'm just going to piggy back off of that - that is so annoying. Repetitive people just say the same thing over and over again. Honestly there couldn't be anything more upsetting than when someone just wants to run their mouth and come up with pretty much nothing new to say. They just say the same words in different order basically, you know what I mean?I spoke to a woman who stopped going to her doctor because she had broken her ankle/foot and her doctor had given her a cast and crutches. She removed said cast, and opted to rub olive oil on her foot instead, and claimed that was why the swelling and pain subsided...after about a month. Her reasoning was that doctors knew nothing about how the body worked, certainly not as much as she, as her method had, after all, "worked".
I think it makes sense because redditors often find a niche community among themselves to agree upon one issue, where as there might be a lot of people outside of that community that do very much disagree with the opinion. So in their daily life they feel like it's unpopular but find common agreement here.I was talking to a woman who was a hippie/naturalist. She told me she used to go to this doctor who would chelate her blood once a month in order to remove toxins, but that she doesn't go anymore. I told her this probably wasn't necessary (I'm a toxicologist) but I asked her why she didn't go anymore. She said the doctor lost their medical license for practicing chelation therapy. She was on the hunt for a new doctor.
The next week, they go to the old bubbie's house, and she prepares the famous brisket recipe, again cutting off the ends. The young bride is sure she must be missing some vital information, so she askes her grandma why she cut off the ends. Grandma says, "Dahlink, that's the only way it will fit in the pan!" The new Jewish bride is making her first big dinner for her husband and tries her hand at her mother's brisket recipe, cutting off the ends of the roast the way her mother always did. Hubby thinks the meat is delicious, but says, "Why do you cut off the ends — that's the best part!" She answers, "That's the way my mother always made it."
No comments:
Post a Comment