These no tie silicone shoelaces worked great for a while! Our daughter has a habit of tying her shoes way too tight which results in her feet hurting a LOT. We got to a point where we were just tired of her complaining about something she was doing to herself and so I decided to research alternatives to regular shoelaces. When I came across these I thought they would be a great alternative since she would not be able to over tighten them (or tighten them at all). When we first put this silicone elastic shoelaces on her shoes she complained that her shoes were too loose, but within a week she came to us and told us how much more comfortable they were than her old shoelaces. She NEVER admits when she is wrong, so they were obviously just that good and made her feet feel so much better! Within a couple of weeks a few of them snapped and one came undone and got lost at school. However, before purchasing these I had read other reviews that said this had happened, so I ended up buying two packs so that we would have back-ups just in case. Kids tend to be rough on shoes so it makes sense that you would have some that snap over time. All in all I would say this is an excellent product that turned regular tennis shoes into slip-ons and made one little girls feet happy!
Got these for my 5 year old son's high tops. the high tops have 6 lace holes, so my plan was to just leave the top hole empty. with all 5 HICKIES installed, my son could not get the shoe on his foot. I removed the top lace, so now only 4 laces are installed per shoe, and he can put the shoes on himself. However, one of the laces broke on the first day he wore them! Luckily, I had extras, so I was able to replace the broken one, but I'm a little nervous about the quality of the rest. The idea is wonderful - not having to tie shoelaces in the morning is a miracle for this busy mom - but if they continue to break I won't buy more to replace them.

No comments:
Post a Comment