I've read comments describing how animals must have viewed ancient humans as creatures that would just slowly chase them endlessly, jogging behind until the animals couldn't go on. I'm not sure if it's more or less terrifying if they're skipping instead.That phrase together with a walking skeleton with hanging flesh getting all up in your face... That is surely going to scar any childs psyche.I don't know why that sounds so academically interesting, but it does. I never thought zombies as scary anyway, just another version of man vs. environment.Mind pointing me in the direction of that debate, if you're in the field? I'd like to read on it but I don't know how to google it without getting DAE ZOMBIEZ!!?! bullshit search returns.
To the working class, the typical vampire movie setup - a village of simple working people, and an aristocratic vampire as a powerful parasite - would mirror their relation to the capitalists, who own the factories and only pay a fraction of the profits back as wages. The idea that victims would turn into mindless zombies can for example be applied to strike breakers and such.Eh just wanted to say I took a lot from your comment. Even if zombies or vampires aren't specifically expressing what you say for everyone, it's a good theory. We are apes pretending to be men.Fuck school man, so many things I enjoyed over the years I had to stop because of that kind of shit cuz it appeared a certain way and in school image is everything.
Zombies and Vampires go back way farther than more modern tropes though. We have adapted the old legends a bit to fit wannabe deep bullshit like capitalism and materialism metaphors, sure, but he's asking more specifically about the literally hundreds if not thousands of years these monsters have existed for humans. We have a innate fear of being hunted relentlessly and that's why zombies have existed in horror stories for so long.Prey animals first instinct is run not fight, and since humans back then would have hunted in groups it almost certainly would have still died if it chose to fight.And this is why the Canadian goose is the scariest animal of them all. Ain't no way I am migrating south to catch up to those basterds. Not to mention the toxic pile of shit they leave behind to rot all your once fertile land. Thanks mr goose.
Imagine you're an animal, and you see a human. What are your options? You can climb a tree, oh but wait, so can it. You can swim away, oh but wait, so can it. You can dig a hole, oh but wait, so can it. You can hide, but it can find you. Your only option is to run away and hope it doesn't choose you as a target. And if it does choose you, then you can run, over mountains, through rivers, across plains, whatever, and whenever you stop to take a break, you notice it, still there, still following. You can either keep running until you pass out from exhaustion, or you can submit and be killed on the spot. That's about it for everything but birds, and even then it only took us a few thousand years to solve that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment