twitter
    Slap Watches Wholesale Supplier

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Women Tweet the Words "Whore" and "Slut" Nearly Double the Rate Men do

Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny, I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's gonna change is you're gonna become an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.If someone gets offended by just reading a word on their screen, specially in the context it's used in this thread then it's really not your problem. Why Americans treat that word like a taboo and get so pissy about it when there are many worse, I will never understand.If it was used as an insult, then censoring out a letter would almost make sense. But when you're talking about the word cunt, not the insult, but just referencing the word, it doesn't make sense to bleep it out. You're not using the word, you're talking about it, so it isn't an insult, only a reference to one. That's what strikes me as odd.

I can’t’ speak to the veracity of this, but it makes sense within historical context. With the advent of women controlled birth control, women’s liberation, and the rise of feminism the behavior has begun to extinguish. But widespread social taboos take many generations to change.Is there any analysis of how the words are used? I'm not saying that women never say sexist things, but where is the differentiation between someone saying "why did you call me a whore?" or "It's never ok to call a woman a whore" and saying "you ugly whore"? Without an analysis of how the words are being used, I don't think it makes sense to draw attention to what gender says the word more.

Now, you're free to disagree with that--I'm just trying to figure out how they might group both types under the same misogyny umbrella.I'd also like to point out my friends who are maybe a little over zealous in their love of food. Cheese whore and pizza slut are, unfortunatly(?), my first mental parings with either of those words.I worked at a bar, and on my shifts the first thing I used to do was walk to the kitchen and yell "sup bitches!" To the kitchen staff on my way to clock in.It got to the point where nobody even looked up anymore they'd all just reply "hey Max" like I was Norm from Cheers. Two were women line cooks.

That's not entirely true. They did have a section where they listed different ways the words were used, which is where the 18% figure comes from. But they don't seem to include the gender breakdown for that 18%: they only say that the comments counted in the by-gender chart excludes comments that also use the word 'shame' or 'shaming,' which is a much lower bar. This data is the larger set, including 'conversational' and other non-misogynistic uses. A comment like "some jackass just called me a slut because he thought my skirt was too short" would still be counted here as near as I can tell.I would think it's Generally misogynistic and Abusive we care about, which total 38% of the top-line comparison between men and women. I wish they would have given us better stats on the breakdown of that 38%

No comments:

Post a Comment