twitter
    Slap Watches Wholesale Supplier

Thursday, May 26, 2016

A New Chapter for Fair

I don't think he makes anything from this. When the finebros drama was going on a load of people offered him donations but he just told them to give it to a charity. Sounds like he's already well off enough and just does this as a hobby on the side.Well yeah, but that was him just doing simple advice work right, he wasn't doing actual full on legal work then right. And even if he did, it was fully voluntary, no obligation and what not. This seems much more serious, and I think it'd only make sense for him to expect compensation. Then again, they said FUPA would last a long time, so unless there is going to be additional revenue from somewhere else, I guess he might not be taking anything.

Lets be honest, 10k is a lot for most of us. Whether they gave it as a political move or an honest move, that's not a move you make without a conscience decision to give back. I really was on board with the Fine Bros hate train, but damn, good on them. at the very least, respect.They've done some crappy stuff but anyone can see and stand for the importance of fair use. It's really respectable that they can look past any of the content of h3h3's roasts against them and still recognize that he should have a legal right to do so.I think the odds are against Hoss in this one. Even accounting for the fact that teh average person doesn't know the intricacies of fair use, there's a lot of blatantly made up stuff in the lawsuit that can be destroyed by showing the video Ethan made in court.
The Fine Bros have a net worth of $5.7 million, so this really isn't breaking the bank to them. If this donation was from a married couple with a net worth of $100,000, the equivalent donation would be $175.The FineBros needed to get back on the good side of Reddit and the rest of the internet after their "React World" fiasco. $10,000 is really cheap payment for what basically amounts to advertising and good press.Wow I just checked some of that dude's comments. He only posts in the Matt Hope subreddit. Also there's a fucking Matt subreddit. So yeah he's either Matt Hope, or he's fucking crazy.

I'm glad all those people who have been roasted from h3h3 or just reddit in general (like Keemstar or the FineBros) gave money. And this fupa thing was a great idea to to assure that the money is being handled efficiently. It was a little interesting though that it was mostly Video Gamers/LP's that gave big cash amounts. Hope that sends the message that LP's want this kind of protection as well, not just reviewers like H3H3 here.I'd like to think this was his plan all along. Think about it. He knew he was never going to win that lawsuit. So why not pretend to be the bad guy, just to raise awareness for this screwed up system?

No comments:

Post a Comment